About Sandpiper Ecological
Sandpiper Ecological was formed in August 1996 and has been delivering specialist ecological services for 20 years. Since its inception, Sandpiper has been based in Alstonville on the north coast of New South Wales. We pride ourselves on providing sound ecological advice to our clients.
Our senior staff are recognised experts in their respective fields and each have over 15 years practical experience surveying and managing fauna and flora. Combined, our senior staff have published over 30 peer reviewed scientific articles and prepared more than 200 consulting reports. Our junior staff are closely mentored to ensure they gain the practical experience required to undertake ecological surveys and provide sound advice to clients. We have a strong emphasis on collecting robust datasets to provide a basis for sound impact assessment and management. Our extensive practical experience during the construction phase of major projects has given us a good understanding of viable and cost effective impact mitigation measures, which ensures we can deliver practical solutions to complex problems.
What does this mean for our clients?
When you contract Sandpiper Ecological, you get a team with a strong client focus that has extensive ecological experience in eastern Australia. We can provide experience-based advice at a cost effective price to ensure that environmental requirements are balanced with project objectives.
Why Sandpiper Ecological?
Key aspects that set Sandpiper Ecological apart from our competitors include:
- Depth and scope of experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Value for money
- Thorough knowledge of vertebrate fauna in eastern Australia.
- Thorough understanding of viable impact mitigation measures.
- Ability to accurately scope a project.
- Extensive experience in design and implementation of ecological monitoring programs.
- Preparation of clear and concise reports.
- Reliable service by experienced personnel.
- Communication with clients.
- Independent advice.
- Practical solutions to environmental problems.
- Extensive range of field equipment.
- Good relationships with government agencies.
- Network of environmental consulting firms with complementary skills.
- Access to academic experts in ecology
Sandpiper Ecological provides services to:
- State and local government agencies.
- Road authorities.
- Construction and engineering companies.
- Gas and mining companies.
- Planners and engineers.
- Consulting firms.
- Private landholders.
- Property developers.
- Land and Environment Court.
- Utility providers.