Managing Director: Dr David Rohweder
Senior Ecologist: Dr Brendan Taylor
Ecologists: Nick Priest, Greg McDonald
Assistant: John Edwards
Administration: Trish Rohweder
Dr David Rohweder
Managing Director (PhD, B. App. Sci. hons)
David is the Managing Director of Sandpiper Ecological and has over 25 years experience conducting ecological surveys in eastern Australia. In 1996, David formed Sandpiper Ecological Surveys whilst working on the Environmental Impact Assessment for the M1 upgrade in southeast Queensland. Prior to that David was a Demonstrator and Lecturer at Southern Cross University.
David’s specific areas of expertise include:
- Biodiversity surveys and impact assessment.
- Design and implementation of ecological monitoring programs.
- Targeted surveys for threatened birds and frogs.
- Report preparation and project management.
- Threatened species management and impact mitigation.
Over the past 20 years David has worked for a range of clients in the mining, civil construction, land development and conservation sectors, and on projects ranging in size from billion dollar infrastructure developments to single residential dwellings.
Dr Brendan Taylor
Senior Ecologist (PhD, B. App. Sci. hons)
Brendan is a Senior Ecologist at Sandpiper Ecological and has over 15 years experience in ecological survey and management in south-east Queensland and northern NSW. Brendan has developed particular expertise in investigating and managing the biodiversity impacts associated with linear infrastructure. Prior to joining Sandpiper Ecological, Brendan was as a research fellow at Southern Cross University.
Brendan’s specific areas of expertise include:
- Biodiversity survey and impact assessment.
- Targeted surveys for threatened gliders.
- Design and implementation of ecological monitoring programs associated with linear infrastructure.
- Adaptive ecological monitoring techniques.
- Technical and scientific report writing.